Jumat, 15 Juli 2011

going overseas?

Since I was a child, I always admire my father's job. It's not about the salary, but it's about going overseas. My Father could have gone to several countries for doing his job, he is going overseas for free, even he could buy me some souvenirs. I want to be like him.

But, one time, my father said that I couldn't go overseas by myself even for free. He said, it's not good for me. If I want to go overseas, I have to go with my family. He is a very protective father, but I love it because it means he loves me. At first, I thought that my father would change his decision if the opportunity to go overseas for free was really come to me. But, I was wrong.

3 years ago, my sister became the first "outstanding student" at my faculty. Because of that, she had an opportunity to take a short course in Singapore for free. FOR FREE. But, my father didn't give her a permission. See? I was wrong. My father wouldn't change his decision for any reasons.
Since that, I know that my father won't allow me to go overseas by myself even for FREE. Yes, He mean it. And I've already buried my dreams to go overseas until I have my own family. I can accept his decision.

Actually, when I was in high school, my teacher asked me to join a camp selection to represent my school. The camp was called SYC ( Sunburst Youth Camp ). The participants are the students from 37 choosen schools in Java and each school represented by 2 students, 1 boy and 1 girl. The 1st selection is to choose the best 20. I'm in. The 2nd selection is to pick the best 12 that will go to Singapore to join the camp. I'm out. hahaha.... Maybe, the committee knows that my father wouldn't allow me to join the camp.

Last year, I got the 2nd place of the "outstanding student" at my faculty. And because of that, yesterday, my college teacher asked me to join a leadership training in Vietnam for free at January 2012. Actually, at that time, I just want to say "no" to my college teacher because I know that I won't get the permission from my father and at January 2012, I can't leave my clinic stage even only a day or I won't pass the stage. But, he insisted me to fill the form and just send it. If I could pass the selection, we'll see later.

I keep thinking. Maybe I should ask my mom about it. Just try it. But finally, I don't think that I really want to go because I just don't want to. I don't want to try to ask my father and I don't want to leave my clinic stage. So, I just say "no" to my college teacher and leave the form empty.

I hope its the best decision. Insya Allah.. :)

"going overseas? Not now"

*my first post in English.. :p

6 komentar:

Rahmi Aulina mengatakan...

eeiyyyaaaa, good good! keren euy, akhirnyaa :) semoga nanti bisa cepet2 yee ke luar negeri sama harim nye hihihi :p

Aristyani DR mengatakan...

Haha,,, makasih miy, tapi masih byk kata2 anehnya,,, beginner nih aye,,, hehehe... Aamiin...

Unknown mengatakan...

waduh apalagi aye ini, ga sanggup nulis inggris nyahnyah

ga papa ris, makanya tamatin dulu jelajah indonesia!!

Aristyani DR mengatakan...

Haha,,, ayo ju... Mulai aja nyoba dikit2... Haha, gw juga msh nyoba2 duluu...

faradinaputri mengatakan...

riscy!!! thats good for having your own decision. and it shows that you have a strong thought why you chose that.

but, in my opinion, when someday you really want to go overseas for something good but you haven't have "the new family" yet, (hehe) its okay to have the discussion first with your father. because, who knows if suddenly he change his mind and will let you go. because nothing is impossible (it happened to me with my father also ;) )

xoxo

@faradinaputri

Aristyani DR mengatakan...

thankyou dinskii...
Yap, maybe someday, if I'm in that position and I quite brave to talk to my father, I will try.. hehehe... thanks once again dear...